Concrete Cow 07.5 games
The following games will probably be offered at the Concrete Cow convention on 29 September 2007. If you have something you'd like to offer, please add it here.
- 1 Guest of Honour games
- 2 Other games
- 2.1 Agon
- 2.2 Amber
- 2.3 Bacchanal
- 2.4 Bliss Stage
- 2.5 Call of Cthulhu
- 2.6 Dark Heresy
- 2.7 The 'I' in Team
- 2.8 HeroQuest
- 2.9 InSpectres/Unspeakable
- 2.10 Mythic Russia
- 2.11 Over the Edge
- 2.12 Primetime Adventures
- 2.13 Questers of the Middle Realms
- 2.14 Savage Worlds
- 2.15 Transhuman Space
- 2.16 Umläut: Game Of Metal
- 2.17 Unknown Armies
- 2.18 Wordplay
Guest of Honour games
First, from our Guests of Honour, we have:
- Keys to the Kingdom
The daughter of a powerful elf businessman has gone missing, He'll do anything to get her back. The only people who even stand a chance are the characters, newly Manifested and innocent of the world around them. They must learn what they are capable of—and where their true beliefs lie.
- GM: Stew Wilson
- She Dreams of Empires
A young princess beset by disturbing dreams of destruction is the focus for the adventurers. Can they avert a catastrophe threatening the blue-spired haven of Sequaloris, or will her be dreams be realised?
- GM: Loz Whitaker
- Like Lovers and Heroes
A wedding approaches between the noble houses of Mervaenia and the characters are instructed to guard the bride from harm - but there are more than just the dangerous of feuding houses to ward against; are there insurgents within the wedding party that might be intent on bringing about dreadful harm...?
- GM: Loz Whitaker
- London's Burning
London's supernatural scene has survived plague, fire, and Margaret Thatcher, but something's turning everyone against each other. All the creatures of the night are at each other's throats. The characters are the only ones to notice something wrong in the Shadow of the city, where the Great Fire dances.
- GM: Stew Wilson
- Night of Glory (based on material from Requiem for Rome and Fall of the Camarilla)
Rome begins its long fall. The old Gods falter. Followers of the new God wait in the wings. And the dead, who have manipulated the Empire for nearly a thousand years, fall into dissipation, into wild orgies and complex machinations. Join them at the beginning of the end.
This scenario will be published by White Wolf. Players here will get a playtest credit in the published book.
- GM: Wood Ingham (who should have prizes to give away: if you wear a toga, you'll be first in line)
(Note that, depending on circumstances, not all of these games may run on the day.)
Competitive roleplaying in Ancient Greece!
Agon is an action-packed roleplaying game about ancient Greek heroes who face brutal tests from the gods. With bravery, cunning, honor, and strength, one hero will prove to be the greatest and secure immortality in legend.
Agon supports fast-paced, competitive play, with mechanics designed to create an even playing field for players and the game master. Oath-swearing and trash-talking are highly encouraged.
And now, with added Lego!
(GM: Rich Stokes)
- You awake in a strange place. You lay upon a stone floor, surrounded by stone walls. The lines and angles remind you of Castle Amber, but there is something different, something wrong. Some of your cousins lie slumped on the ground, just starting to stir and wake. How did you all get here? Your memories are confused and fragmented. There is something you need to do, something important, but you cant remember what that is. All you know is that the clock is ticking. And that you are not alone here.
The GM-less roleplaying game for adults, a game of transgressions. (non-GM: Graham Walmsley).
A not-quite-released game of teenagers, giant robots, and sex. (GM: Andrew Kenrick).
- 'Dockside Dogs', a modern day Call of Cthulhu scenario for up to 6 players (shades and gun optional but shouting is obligatory). "So, you ever wonder what job Mr. Purple was on?" (GM: Paul Fricker)
- Shattered Hope
- Make ready your chainsword, strap on your bolter, and say a prayer to the God-Emperor, for Warhammer 40,000: Dark Heresy is coming. Step into the role of an agent of the Inquisition, hunting out and destroying the foul and twisted influence of Chaos.
- A playtest of the upcoming RPG from Black Industries, due for release around next February (GM: Mike Mason).
A minor problem on a space station orbiting an alien planet tragically escalates into a disaster, leaving a handful of survivors safe in the confines of their individual living quarters... with no air outside their rooms and only one fully functional spacesuit between them. Now each must stake their lives and their private agendas on the one fully mobile survivor, whom they are reduced to watching and communicating with over the station's comm system. A scenario for 3-6 players, using the basic World of Darkness rules with a sci-fi spin. (GM & Author: James Mullen)
- InSpectres is a player-driven game that mixes Ghostbusters with reality television to play out the adventures of a franchised office of the world's largest supernatural investigations agency. (GM: Scott Dorward)
- Unspeakable is a variation of InSpectres that focuses on 1920s-based Lovecraftian horror. (GM: Scott Dorward)
- Wood, Blood, and Snow (GM and Author: Neil Smith)
- Out of the Inkwell
- During the Q&A session with the guest of honour at a comics convention on Al Amarja, the audience won't be the only ones with questions and the answers will be things that nobody wants to hear... This is the second draft of this character-driven drama set in The Edge, the city where anything can happen but you usally wish it wouldn't.
- (GM & Author : James Mullen)
- Create and play the greatest television show that never existed. (GM: Scott Dorward)
- Various demos by Tim Partridge
Come and Get Savaged!
Throughout the day Pinnacle Entertainment will be running demos of their award-winning Savage Worlds system, showcase some of the settings. Pop by the table and ask for a game. There is no set timetable, just bring some friends (or some strangers) and get a game! Concrete Cow is a busy show, so these demo scenarios are set up to fit nicely in the gaps between other events. (GM: Shane Mclean)
- Solomon Kane: The Forgotten Betrayal - A small village is being terrorised with brutal murders. Can the Wanderers get to the bottom of it - and are they ready for it when they do?
- Deadlands Reloaded: Ghost Town - The lure of buried gold leads to a harrowing evening in the desert.
- Sundered Skies: Dragons Under Fire - Whilst transporting freed slaves the heroes stumble across a ship under attack from a dragon, and a deeper plot beyond.
- Pirates of the Spanish Main: All Set to Hang - The pirates find themselves being led to the gallows on the day of their execution. Things can't get any worse, right?
(Powered by GURPS)
- Phil Masters will be running a Transhuman Space scenario.
Umläut: Game Of Metal
This is a suitably silly RPG about Heavy Metal bands. Think of Guitar Hero or Spinal Tap: the RPG and you're pretty much set. (GM: Rich Stokes)
- Lamp Posts in Bloom (GMed by Scott Dorward)
- A warm summer evening in middle England.
- Four old friends gather for a barbecue and drinks.
- Secrets will be uncovered.
- Betrayals will be laid bare.
- Innocent people will die.
- And the lamp posts will come into bloom.
Wordplay is a simple generic D6 dice pool roleplaying game by Graham Spearing, currently in development, to be published late 2008.
- In Search of a King
- A Wordplay RPG game set in the First Age of Middle Earth (GM: Graham Spearing)
- You are some of the remnants of the noble Third House of the Edain, the House of Hador. After the disaster of the Nirnaeth Arnodiad, the 'Battle of Unnumbered Tears' in which your fathers were slain a generation ago, your people were scattered, or continued to live and die under the heel of the cruel Easterlings in your ancient homeland of Dor-Lomin. From your hidden fastness deep in the Nuath Forest you have heard from your kinsman Tuor of the doom that has befallen the land, you have witnessed the trail of destruction and defilement wrought by Morgoth's greatest servant, Glaurung the Dragon, and must know that the land is now broken and without any hope.
- And yet, the strangest story you have heard is the one that came from the ruined lips of the Easterling spy that survived your ambush this very day. He tells you that your great king, Hurin, thought to have fallen at the last battle, walks the land again, alone, seeking his brethren and kin.
- It is, at last, now time for you to leave what has been your place of hiding for most of your lives. It is time for you to discover a ruined land that you barely understand, stolen from you after your fathers defeat. It is time to face your enemies. It is time for you to leave, in search of a king.
- A Wordplay RPG game set in the First Age of Tolkien's Middle Earth in Beleriand
- Six Edain from the House of Hador
- Three to Four hours in ancient Beleriand
- What will your fate be?