Please include a same page description of your game, to help people understand the play style.
Into the Shackleton Expanse
The USS Kelpie has been refitted and new crew has been assigned. Now it is time to go where noone has gone before. This first excursion of a new crew into a largely unexplored part of space will be a series of episodes, reaching from diplomatic to exploration, from science to politics. You will be part of the bridge crew of a small but capable ship looking to make a difference to the future of the Federation.
- Who prepares the story? The GM prepares the overall shape of the story, linear or branching. Players run their characters through these events. The GM gives hints to provide direction, but players can shape where we are headed.
- What can players contribute to the story/setting? Their character's thoughts, actions, and backstory, interaction between characters provides depth and entertainment.
- The rules (including agreed house rules) will be: Followed, as far as I remember them...
- Player characters are: Expected to work together. You are a crew. You may disagree about the best way to achieve your aims, but you should buy into the overall aims.
- How brutal is the game? Not very.
- Doing the smartest thing for your character's survival: Sometimes isn't as important as other choices.
- After many sessions of play, during one session, a player decides to have her character side with an enemy. This is:highly unlikely, but if a character goes rogue, they may become a major plot NPC. Plenty of other crew members to step up and fill their boots.
- Proposed by: Frank G
- System: Star Trek Adventures (Modiphius 2d20)
- Players: 3–5
- The system is Modiphius 2d20, run via Discord and Astral Tabletop, 3-5 players. I am new to running the game and might not stick slavishly to the canon. The story and fun will have higher priority.