A Long Block is a series of eight weeks between Short Blocks. There is a block calendar on this wiki.
Roleplaying games in a Long Block generally last the entire duration. Some games span several Long Blocks.
Pitching and Voting
- Games for a long block are pitched online at any time prior to voting.
- Games are pitched in person on week 1 of the preceeding short block.
- Voting then opens, and remains open until week 2 of the short block. Voting is done by Google form and allows players to rank games in order of preference.
- The votes are used to allocate players to games on a best-fit basis.
- GMs of the games in the next long block then have two weeks to prepare for the game.
Occasionally a game started in a Long Block start early (perhaps for character generation for a new game) or spill over into the following short block (if sessions were missed during the block). However, people try to avoid both of these.