These are the characters in the Nero game.
The Leads in Nero are:
- Vitus Lucianus (Scott Dorward): A Senator and born-again Christian.
- Vebius Lucianus (James Mullen): Vitus's son (by his first wife) and 2IC of a legion.
- Drucilla Lucianus (Aiva): Vitus's second wife.
- Lucidus Tiberius (Richard): Vebius's commander, recently returned from Britannia.
- Manus Cathal (Robin Poole): Gladiator and ex-slave of Vebius, captured in Britannia.
The Relationship and Value statements at the start of the game were as below.
- Vebuis has a dangerous hunger that needs to be contained.
- I must not give into the temptation to punish Drucilla for her wicked ways.
- I have come to doubt that Lucidus is worthy of my daughter.
- Manus is the one man in Rome who can be trusted.
- Duty: Those I love need to be saved
- Glory: I am but a conduit for the glory of God
- Justice: There is no justice in the world of man
- Love: Turn the other cheek, but remember who slapped it
- Power: My power is no longer a tool for my personal gain
- Truth: I must hide what I believe for the safety of all.
- Vitus is an old man standing in my way.
- Drucilla is a worthy adversary.
- I question Lucidus's loyalty to Nero.
- There is no value in Manus.
- Duty: I owe nothing to anyone but myself and my Emperor.
- Glory: The Light of Nero shall shine on me!
- Justice: The law belongs to those who buy it.
- Love: People will do anything for you if you say you love them.
- Power: If you aren't a master, you're a slave.
- Truth: Say what you must to get what you want.
- I enjoy the reflected power of Vitus. I feel free to use it as I wish without any repercussions.
- Vebius is amusing but poses no threat to me.
- Lucidus must be mine (until i get bored).
- I love the way Manus chases me; it boosts my ego.
- Duty: I should keep my affairs private so as not to sully the family name
- Glory: I wouldnt mind a trophy lover
- Justice: I deserve what I have
- Love: I enjoy the chase too much
- Power: I relish the power I have over men.
- Truth: My status is sacred and my past must remain hidden.
- Vitus stands between me and power
- I must help Manus as I believe he is being controlled
- Drucilla is too wrapped up in her own affairs.
- Vebius should take my place after me.
- Duty: I have a responsibility to my men to improve conditions and the unjustice in the chain of command.
- Glory: I am already famous for my victories but I will not rest on my laurels. The Roman army can become even greater.
- Justice: There is great injustice in the military. Leaders are unaware and uncaring of the reality of war.
- Love: My wife and I are not the same- all she cares for are the comforts of home. I want someone who shares more of my values.
- Power: I must gain power in the senate in order to improve it. I will revolutionise it from the inside - by honourable means.
- Vitus He should turn from his false god.
- Vebius is an emtionless whelp who barely looks at me despite my magnificence.
- Drucillahas been touched by my unearthly powers and made holy.
- Lucidus is a rival for the affections of those I wish to control.
- Duty: Chains like this can no longer hold me.
- Glory: The gods have chosen me to be their avatar
- Justice: The only justice is my will
- Love: Affection is weakness.
- Power: he power of this world is meaningless, it will soon be ashes
- Truth: Rome's Lies must be laid bare under the glorious sun of my reign
(Relationships marked (R) are the description of the relationship the Lead has with this Feature.)
- Vitus (R) I'm no longer afraid
- Vebius (R) The glory of Rome!
- Drucilla (R) Blackmails me into doing things
- Looking for an excuse to kill Claudia
- Lucidus is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen
- Visits the bath for 'executive stress relief'
Current wife of Nero
- Drucilla (R) Gossip buddy
- Nero (R) Looking for an excuse to kill
- Vitus is a passionate lover
- Visits the bath for 'executive stress relief' (with Vebius?)
Wife of Lucidus Tiberius
- Lucidus (R) She's over-pious
- Secret desire for Manus
- Vebius needs to be saved
- Uncomfortable acting as a spy for Vitus
- Seeks solace from Demodocus
Daughter of Vitus and Drucilla, aged 16
- Drucilla (R) Annoying little brat
- Attracted to Manus
- Crush on Lucidus
Pathian general, ostensibly working for the Romans
- Manus (R): Co-conspirator against the Romans
- Wants to rekindle the affair with Drucilla
Protégé of Vebius
- Vebius (R) Our passion is intense
- Manus is the Chosen One