The Tycherosi Bat
- Vey, one of your crew, went out last night on a small job for Myre. He turned up dead this morning. Now Lizette the leech has arrived, offering you a bit too much money to steal a book from the Wraiths, another gang. She's put some money on the table, but she's fingering something else in her pocket.
- She wants your answer.
- Do you ignore her to go after Myre? Do you take the money? Do you tell Lizette to fuck off? Do you pretend to agree, then tell the Wraiths? Is this all a trap to find out what Lizette knows? If so, do a flashback and plan the trap.
Blades in the Dark is a game about a group of daring scoundrels building a criminal enterprise on the haunted streets of an industrial-fantasy city. There are heists, chases, escapes, dangerous bargains, bloody skirmishes, deceptions, betrayals, victories, and deaths.
We’ll play to find out if the fledgling crew can thrive amidst the teeming threats of rival gangs, powerful noble families, vengeful ghosts, the bluecoats of the City Watch, and the siren song of the scoundrel’s own vices.
- 1 Player Characters
- 2 Crew
- 3 Clocks
- 4 Session writeups
Weaver "Chime" Karstas, Leech
- Looks: Akorosi, male, quiet and unassuming
- Friend: Malista, a priestess of the Church of the Ecstasy of the Flesh
- Enemy: Eckerd, a corpse thief
- Vice: Gambling. Games of chance at the Silver Stag casino.
Orlan "Echo" Haig, Lurk
- Looks: Akorosi, male, small and slight, rough clothes
- Friend: Frake, a locksmith
- Enemy: Roslyn Kellis, a noble
- Vice: Luxury. Collecting ornate and valuable death masks (covering mouth and nose, to keep the spirit in the body until it can be safely disposed of).
Orlan Booker, Cutter
- Looks: Severosi, male, dark-skinned and bald
- Friend: Sawtooth, a physicker
- Enemy: Chael, a vicious thug
- Vice: Pleasure. Drinking and whoring at the Silver Stag casino.
Kemosabe "Bullet" Blackheart, Hound (from session 3)
- Looks: Akorosi, fair skinned, dark haired.
- Friend: Casta, a bounty hunter
- Enemy: Celene, a sentinel
- Vice: Luxury; supplied with fine suits by Mr Rutherford of Nightmarket.
Cassius "Silver" Valutine, Spider (from session 4)
- Looks: Dagger islander, another one in unassuming garments.
- Friend: Salia, an information broker
- Enemy: Jennah, a servant of Arlyn Tyrconnel, a rich banker in Brightstone
- Vice: Weird; member of the Path of Echoes.
Everin "Song", later "Lightning", Zekkal, Whisper (retired after session 3)
- Looks: Iruvian, ambiguous gender, cloak over fine shirt and trousers.
- Friend: Settara, a demon
- Enemy: Scurlock, a vampire
- Vice: obligation to younger siblings
Daunless Corsairs, smugglers.
Reputation for daring.
Two turf, giving bonuses for Contraband and Arcane/Weird.
- "Like part of the crew": "Bells and Whistles" boat, with Nimble and Finicky (tied to Chime).
Contact: Elynn, a dock worker.
As per start of session mentioned.
|Title||Session 3/4||Session 5||Session 6|
|Inspector Templeton pins deaths of Vey and Kobb on the PCs||☒☐☐☐☐☐||☒☒☒☐☐☐||☒☒☒☐☐☐|
|Lord Strangford negotiates a price for the Tycherosi Bat and buys it from the Wraiths||☒☒☐☐☐☐||☒☒☐☐☐☐||☒☒☒☒☐☐|
|Wraiths recruit a Whisper||☒☒☒☐☐☐||☒☒☐☐☐☐||☒☒☒☐☐☐|
|Strangford and the council (race clocks)|
|Strangford removed from City Council||☒☐☐☐☐☐||☒☒☐☐☐☐||☒☒☒☒☐☐|
|Strangford deals with threats to his position||☒☐☐☐☐☐||☒☐☐☐☐☐||☒☒☐☐☐☐|
Clocks no longer in use
- War with the Wraiths (race clocks)
- Wraiths' morale: ☒☒☒☐☐☐☐☐
- Dauntless Corsairs' morale: ☐☐☐☐☐☐