Thackeray T. Lambshead Clinic for the Treatment of Eccentric and Discredited Diseases
The Thackeray T. Lambshead Clinic for the Treatment of Eccentric & Discredited Diseases, or TTLCTEDD for short (but not much shorter), uses a simple home-brew system tailored to suit roleplay of small groups or teams of investigators. The rules are quite straightforward:
- Each PC has 4 Traits: Physique, Dexterity, Intellect and Soul
- Each Trait is rated from 3 to 1: pick one Trait at 3, one at 1 and the remaining two at 2
- Each PC has 3 Specialisations, representing careers, interests or qualifications consisting of 3 (loosely) related skills, e.g. the 'Doctor' Specialisation has skills of Medicine, Research and Tolerance (to infection and contamination, that is, not tolerance to other people!)
- The first Specialisation is Professional and is rated 3; the second is Amateur and is rated 2; the third is a Role assigned to you in the team and is hence only rated 1.
- To perform a task, add up the levels of the relevant Trait and Specialisation, if any, and roll that many d12s; targets range from 2 to 10, with a 1 being a terrible failure and a 12 being a brilliant success.
- Players also pick stress conditions for their PC: these are effects that come into play when the PC 'takes damage' or is otherwise pushed beyond endurance.
- PCs also get to take one advantage and one disadvantage, but this step is optional.
- In the TTLCTEDD setting, the overall goal is to complete a Disease Record Form which has space for the First Recorded Case, Patient Zero, Virulence, Pathology, Symptoms, Treatment and Prevention of the disease in question.