NIS AeroIndustries NA-235 Medium Range Transport seaplane
This description is heavily based on the EADS CASA CN-235 transport aircraft
The NIS AeroIndustries NA-235 Medium Range Transport seaplane is a multi-purpose, medium range transport aircraft designed for the rugged environment of Poseidon. It is a high-wing, twin turboprop seaplane with a fully pressurized and air-conditioned cabin. The rear cargo doors can be opened both in flight and while at rest on water.
This aircraft has been adopted by the GEO Patrol on Poseidon as its principal medium-range transport and patrol vehicle. It also serves as a mobile base of operations for when the GEO Patrol are in the field. For instance, it is deployed with the Longshore Crew.
|Wing Span||25.81 m|
|Cabin Length||9.65 m|
|Cabin Height||1.88 m|
|Cabin Width||2.70 m|
|Maximum Take-Off Weight||16,500 kg|
|Maximum Landing Weight||16,500 kg|
|Maximum Payload||6,000 kg|
|Fuel Capacity|| 5,264 kg hydrogen fuel in nanocarbon fuel modules.|
Supplementary photovoltaic cells for standby electrical power.
|Number of passengers||51|
|Number of 2.2m x 2.7m Pallets||4|
|Maximum Cruising Speed||455 km/h|
|Efficiency Cruising Speed||380 km/h|
|Stall Speed||125 km/h|
|Take-Off Distance to 15 m||384 m*|
|Landing Distance from 15 m||332 m* (225 m landing run)|
|Maximum Range||6,003 km|
|Range with 3,000 kg Payload||4170 km|
|Service Ceiling||8100 m|
|Minimum Operating Water Depth||2 m|
|Maximum Wave Height||1.2 m (0.6 m with cargo door open)|
- At sea level, Poseidon standard atmosphere, standard take-off weight
|Engines|| 2 x Nippon AeroPlant CT7-9C3 of 1.4MW each|
Fuel cell auxilary power unit (30kW)
|Propellers||Hamilton Standard 14RF-37, (four bladed)|
|Thrusters||8 low-power MHD thrusters|
|Combat speed||105 m / combat round|
Equipment (maritime patrol configuration)
- Radar suite  (range 150 km)
- Sonar suite  (range 10 km passive, 20km active)
- 3 x 6 person liferafts
- Onboard computer
- Security system
- Satellite communicator
- Submarine ROV (500m tether)
- 3 sonar / cross interface communication buoys
- Inflatable dinghy (8 person), with heavy cell powered MHD drive
Accommodation (front to rear, maritime patrol configuration)
- Cockpit: pilot, co-pilot, jumpseat for additional passenger
- Communication and sensor control station
- Toilet/fresher and small galley (microwave/grill, fridge, freezer, sink)
- Lounge/sleeping area (collapsable beds, hooks for additional hammoks). This area doubles up as an emergency operating theatre if needed.
- Office/seating area. Includes secure points for restraining suspects.
- Stowage for submarine ROV and inflatable boat
- External flare and buoy launcher.
- Cargo ramp and vehicle launcher (also serves as a cetacean loader).