Some details of a short Freemarket game, played 12 & 19 June 2012.
- 1 PCs
- 2 NPCs
- 3 Events
MRCZ: Failing Upward
"We find and recommend the worst stuff on the Donut"
Tier 1, 11 Flow
Tags: Thin Slicing, Epic Fail, Snark
Needs: Victims, Venue, Negotiator
Adelaide Lithgow, 1st Gen
Clade: Probability artist
Geneline: Champagne (1) (Cool, Sparkling, Overpriced)
Experiences: Cultivation 1, Ephemera 1, Recycling 1, Thin Slicing 1
Interface: Eddie keysoft (1) (Thin slicing, Statistics, Optimistic)
Tech: Paint box (1) (Cultivation, Pigments, Enduring); Patchwork dress (2) (Ephemera, Clothing, Homespun); Programmable glue (1) (Recycling, Adhesive, Adaptable)
- My father composed and played a concerto on the harp for my fifth birthday
- My life was used as the subject of the Adelaide Lithgow Historical Re-enactment Society MRCZ, who staged everything live
- My BF, Szu, too me to a flash mob dance on the roof of the aquarium
Radiogram Wong, 2nd Gen
Clade: Insubordinate Mystic
Geneline: Wilson (2) (Psychedelic, Transcendental, Prankster)
Experiences: Ephemera 1, Shaping 2, Social Engineering 1, Thin Slicing 1
Interface: Psychoactive sweat glands (2) (Social engineering, Sweat glands, Trippy)
Tech: Neon halo (1) (Ephemera, Floating halo, Awe inspiring)
- The day I preached my philosophy to the crowd at the zero-g agora and they laughed at me. The recording of their laughter is my mantra whenever I meditate.
- When I was an infant, me mother, Lucy, absent mindedly put me in the mater recycler, but managed to hit "reverse" in time. I remember what it's like to be nothing.
- Yesterday, Vinod Hernandez of the Uwe Boll Re-enactment Society MRCZ swore to destroy me for redubbing his performance as it was broadcast.
Thanatos, 2nd Gen
Clade: Arena Fighter
Geneline: Spartacus (2) (Rebellious, Violent, Plural)
Experiences: Shaping 2, Switching 1, Wetwork 2
Interface: Lucky Star Cannon (1) (Wetwork, Gyro cannon, Concealed); Reflexorz (1) (Wetwork, Reflexes, Like lightning)
Tech: Chainsword (1) (Wetwork, Brutal, Chainsaw)
- My first arena opponent, Eviscerator, was beaten unconscious with a sledge hammer.
- My first death was when a member of the Suicide Squad MRCZ blew up the food court
- Failing Upward recruited me at their base of operations
Adelaide Lithgow Historical Re-enactment Society MRCZ (Tier 2)
The Real Adelaide Lithgow (2nd Gen)
Affiliated Partnerships MRCZ (Tier 6)
Lucy Wong (1st Gen)
Experiences: Negotiation 2
The newly-formed Failing Upward MRCZ arrived at their new quarters. Their space is half a cargo containter welded to the floor of the outer ring of the Donut, presenting them with a ten metre deep tube, crossed with hammocks and slings. The container is dark, mouldy, and constantly dripping with condensation. It's also now home, has a matter printer, and is shared with the Uwe Boll Re-enactment Society.
Waiting form them was Vinod Hernandez with his current beau, Lucy Wong. She offered Thanatos a position in the Adelaide Lithgow Historical Re-enactment Society (ALHRS) MRCZ. Thanatos rejected the offer. The members of Failing Upward then decided to Social Engineer the observing ALHRS members by re-enacting the ALHRS re-enactment of the Failing Upward's rejection of the offer, thus causing an infinite loop of re-enactment. As part of the same challenge, Radiogram attempted to make Lucy Wong forget what she was doing in the cargo container.